It’s a beautiful, tropical morning!
Tropical Sunrise Video
Wait for it~ Vacation video of a talkative sea bird and his flight towards sunrise.
Create a perfect breakfast to enjoy with the sunrise.
Tropical Granola Recipe
My friend Erin, shared a version of this recipe with me. It was from Ina Garten’s the barefoot contessa cookbook. I loved it, but, because of my tropical taste buds, it needed a little tropical tweaking. So, here’s my Caribbean adaptation. I hope you love it too!
4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
1 ½ cups sliced almonds
½ cups sunflower seeds
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ cup honey
1/3 cup pineapple juice
1 cup dried mango
1 cup dried papaya
1 cup dried pineapple
(I bought a dried tropical fruit mix in the local grocery store that was perfect)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Grease a 14” x 17” ( or similar sized) baking sheet.
3. Toss the oats, coconut, almonds and sunflower seeds together in a large bowl.
4. Whisk oil, honey and pineapple juice in small bowl.
5. Pour the liquids over the dry mixture and stir until completely covered.
7. Bake, stirring occasionally until mixture turns a nice, even golden brown around 45 minutes.
8. Remove granola from oven and cool, stirring occasionally.
9. Add the tropical dried fruit. Store in an airtight container.
You can enjoy a tropical granola parfait by layering granola, fruit and yogurt.
Thanks for stopping by. If you have a favorite tropical breakfast recipe, please share it in the comments.
Have a wonderful day!
Please Respect Copyright
Thanks for visiting my blog. All work is copyright of the author/artist, unless otherwise noted. If you’d like to put anything from this site on your website, please quote the author and provide a link back to this blog. All rights reserved.
© Kristi Rhodes 2013